Renter Help – FAQs
How do I make a reservation?
If you’re ready to book an item on FundaRental, you can send a rent request to the owner to book a reservation. If you’re unsure about the listing or its availability, you can also send a message to the lender.
To send a reservation request:
- On a listing, click Request to Book.
- If you see Instant Book, the host is allowing you to book their place instantly. Your reservation will be automatically confirmed after step 4.
- Review your reservation details to make sure everything is correct.
- Add your payment information.
- Agree to the policies and terms, including the lenders cancellation policy.
- Wait for the lenders response. The owner has 48 hours to reply, but most reply within a few hours.
If your request is accepted, you’ll be charged in full for the reservation. If the owner declines the request or doesn’t respond within 48 hours, no charge is made and you can try booking those dates with someone else.
What should I do if someone asks me to pay outside of the FundaRental website?
Don’t send them money, and let us know. We’ll never ask you to pay for anything outside of our site, through email, or through a third-party booker. If you paid for your reservation outside of FundaRental (f or example, a wire or bank transfer), you may have paid for a fraudulent reservation. If an owner on the FundaRental site asks you to pay off site or through another company, report it to us immediately.
Am I able to leave a review/feedback for my rental after completion of my reservation?
Yes! We strongly encourage a review be made for the owner. This will be valuable information for future renters considering renting a particular item(s).
Still can’t find what you are looking for? Contact Us